Thursday, August 28, 2014

Wild Wood


I went wandering along the Yarra River a little while ago,
and took along some paper, pastels and crayons in my satchel.

I was looking for interesting subjects to Frottage.
Frottage is a bit of a fancy name for a rubbing.

This is crayon with a watercolour wash.




My photo of a cool looking tree covered in moss.



My tree then when through some Photoshop treatment.

I adjusted the levels, exposure and gamma correction.
Then I added a conte crayon filter.



The images were then merged together, but I had to then adjust the levels on the rubbing for it to make a bolder impact. From here I then used Illustrator for the final touches.



I gave the image a title and added some shapes with the ellipse tool and multiplied them.
They were then made transparent to show the image behind.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison, my visits to your blog have been few and far between of late but loved having a look at your new art blog. It's really interesting what you are doing. I look forward to seeing more of your creations

    ReplyDelete